Manos del Uruguay Alegria Locuraflou
Alegría means "joy" in Spanish, and that's just what this hand-painted yarn is, a true color celebration!
Easy-care with a rich, cushy hand, Alegria is perfect for socks, baby gear, or fun accessories.
Every skein is unique, there are no two skeins exactly the same. Each skein is signed by the artisan who made it, and from which village it came.
- Blend: 75% Superwash Merino, 25% nylon
- Yardage: Approx 425m per 100g skein (455 yds)
- Needle size: 2.25mm-3.25mm
- Tension: 28 sts and 36 rows to 10cm/4in
- Care: Machine Washable
- If you are knitting a larger project, it is recommended that you purchase all skeins together, knitting alternate rows using two skeins to help achieve a more even blend of colours.
About Manos del Uruguay
Manos del Uruguay are a not for profit organisation who are deeply committed towards the social and economic development of rural women. This was acknowledged by the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO), by appointing Manos as a member in 2009.
The yarns are spun and dyed by artisans who are organized in cooperatives that are located in small towns of Uruguay's countryside.
With their jobs at Manos del Uruguay, the artisans are able to provide for their families and raise their children without having to emigrate to Montevideo's poor areas.