The Ogden Ida Swap is organised by Jen and Laura (@jenlegg4 and @cottonreelstudio on Instagram). It is an international stash busting swap for the summer, if you would like to get involved here are all the details…
What is the #ogdenidaswap ?
You can make an Ogden cami, Ida clutch or both items as a gift for someone. In exchange you will receive the same back. To mix it up a little, the gifts you receive will not be from the person you are making them for. Also the person you are making a gift for won’t know who is making a gift for them.
We’ve chosen the Ogden and Ida clutch for the swap as they use little fabric and are quite small to post out. We encourage you to use fabric from your stash and materials you already have at home to make your gift to help keep the cost low.
This is all meant to be a bit of fun and is designed to spread some joy and connect with new people this summer. Remember, it is a gesture of goodwill – sewing skills are not being judged so we encourage beginners to join in too.
We want as many people as possible to join in, so the swap is open internationally.
Where can I get the patterns?
The Ogden cami is a pattern by True Bias and is available from their website here . As an added bonus you can get 20% off the ogden cami (PDF pattern only) until Saturday 12th May BST just use code OGDENSWAP
The Ida clutch is a free download by Kylie and the Machine. The pattern can be found here and instructions here .
Want to join in?
Then you need to sign up using our form HERE.
Key Dates and information;
- Sign ups open 6th
- Sign ups close 27th May
- Your recipient’s details will be emailed to you by 31st May
- The big reveal is Sunday 22nd July – please ensure you allow plenty of time if sending internationally.
Other important information;
- The swap is open internationally – whilst we will try to keep swaps local as much as possible, you may need to pay for international postage, and factor in plenty of time for delivery so the gift arrives by 22nd
- Only Jen Legg and Laura Parker have access to the data you provide when you sign up. As per your agreement when you sign up, you are agreeing to allow us to pass your details to your ‘maker’ only so that they may send you your gift.
- After the exchange, your personal information will not be used for anything else at all and will be deleted.
Share your swap
We’d love to see what you’re making before the big reveal, so please feel free to share sneak previews using the hashtag #ogdenidaswap on Instagram before that date.